American Integrity Insurance, the premier writer of Florida homeowners insurance, has more than 250,000 customers and is exclusively represented by more than 900 independent agents who specialize in this complex and ever-evolving market. We offer sound and comprehensive home, condo, rental property and manufactured home insurance to families throughout the Sunshine State. Comprised of nearly over 160 insurance professionals, most of whom work in our Tampa-area headquarters, we have been recognized as a Top Place to Work in Tampa by the Tampa Bay Times and a Best Places to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance magazine for the past three years.
A Day in the Life:
Who Says Insurance Can’t Be Fun? From company picnics to charity events, no one can ever say American Integrity Insurance doesn’t understand the importance of having fun, helping others and giving back. Our company culture is priceless, and we hold true to our six core values: integrity, commitment, teamwork, humility, passion and fun. As a team working to provide home insurance solutions to our policyholders, together we aim to achieve greater heights each day and celebrate each other's accomplishments along the way. It is our mission to continue providing reliable, customer-centric homeowners insurance to Florida residents and paying claims in a timely manner when our customers suffer a loss – and to do so with Integrity.
Learn more about American Integrity Insurance and our job opportunities at www.aiicfl.com.
Title: Senior Data Warehouse Architect
The Senior Data Warehouse Architect will help transform our team into a best-in-class business intelligence unit. He/she will help lead efforts to develop and maintain our corporate data warehouse including the ETL processes that load data into the data warehouse and will be responsible forbuilding and structuring the data warehouse to support the needs of the business. In addition, he/she will properly translate source target systems data into a dimensional data warehouse. The Senior Data Warehouse Architect will evaluate the company’s current architecture and implement changes where necessary to adhere to industry standards and best practices for data warehouse design and will be responsible for working with our IT development staff to ensure that changes to the source system are architected and tested in the data warehouse in parallel with systems development to ensure timely and accurate reporting of new data elements.
• Design, implement, document, monitor and maintain the Data Warehouse ETL processes including timeliness, accuracy completeness and metadata.
• Collaborate with business intelligence administrators/ architects and business units to deliver an overall integrated reporting architecture within the Data Warehouse platform.
• Perform data analysis, design, implement, document and maintain relational (normalized and de-normalized) and multi-dimensional data stores.
• Evaluate Data Warehouse processes for poorly performing, unnecessarily complex, difficult to maintain, or unstable processes or jobs and re-work, re-factor and simplify where possible.
• Maintain and publish architecture documents including data model diagrams, data integration coding standards, data dictionary and data mapping documents.
• Maintain and enhance the Enterprise Data Model to support business initiatives through careful and planned design while balancing model extensibility with performance.
• Define and implement data modeling standards and best practices for Data Warehouse object names, logical data models and physical object design.
• Support the processes to identify, capture and store data in the various Data Warehouse structures.
• Support applications used to operate the Data Warehouse.
• Ability to suggest best practices and work with developers to ensure best practices are performed for development of applications.
• Open, track and resolve problem issues with vendors. Develop, maintain, and review data processes and architecture.
• Demonstrate ability to learn and research advanced data technologies and concepts, learning new skills and emerging technology as necessary.
• Assess all risks and offer mitigation strategies, communicating impacts to projects across multiple channels.
• Interpret client functional and informational needs and turn them into data requirements, process models, and active systems.
• Proficiency in data warehousing, data mining, data lake design and implementation.
• Experience with conceptual and logical data modeling activities and good understanding of logical functional/data decomposition activities.
• Experience with cloud storage solutions and Proficiency with RDBMS’s like MySQL, SQL Etc.
• Proficiency with ETL solutions/tools and unstructured NoSQL data.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data warehousing and business intelligence reporting
• Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of hands-on experience using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS.
• Experience in developing a semantic data layer for easy access of business users.
• Demonstrated experience in business intelligence and data warehousing principles, approaches, technologies and architectures.
• Experience with ETL tools required.
• Strong Oracle database background, with SQL, PL/SQL and SQL tuning. Experience as an Oracle DBA strongly preferred.
• Good analytical & problem-solving skills and interest in learning and applying new technologies.
• Understanding of data warehouse and relational database concepts such as Kimball and Inman.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems of diverse scope and working in complex environments.
• Proficient in data modeling tools.
• Advanced SQL optimization and skills required.
• Ability to work in cross functional teams and communicate with colleagues in both business and technical terms.
• Performance tuning experience.
Working Conditions: Normal business office environment. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time while constantly operating a computer and or other office productivity machinery such as a calculator or telephone. The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery or communicate with coworkers.
Travel: As required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of job duties.
American Integrity Insurance Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.